The Dream Big Internship competition is operated by EC English Holdings Ltd (EC), for a limited period (the ‘Competition’). This competition is open only to entrants aged 18 and over, eligible and available to work in their chosen EC destination for the duration of the internship. The decision of the judges is final and EC shall bear no liability in connection with the Competition, any entries, statements or the decision of the judges. EC assumes no responsibility (whether financial or otherwise) or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of entry to the Competition or any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from its website and marketing collateral.
These Terms and Conditions govern entry to the Dream Big internship competition as operated by EC to individuals seeking an internship in an EC destination (the ‘Competition’) subject to the following:
- Entrants must have reached their 18th birthday by the starting point of their internship, and be eligible to work in their chosen destination for the duration of the internship.
- The winner must be available to work for eight consecutive weeks during normal business hours, at their choice of EC school, should their first choice school be unable to accommodate the winner, EC reserves the right to place the winner at an alternative school.
- The winner will be given return economy flights to their chosen school and self-catered student accommodation for the duration of their internship.
- The internship is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including daily living expenses any necessary legal documents, passports and visas.
- All applications meeting the criteria of the competition will be considered. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- Finalists will be contacted once selected and must be in attendance of the Dream Big Malta event held on 1st September 2016, at the Westin Dragonara, St Julians, at their own expense and may be invited to meet and to complete further tasks in front of a judging panel (who shall comprise, employees of EC and such other relevant parties as EC reasonably decides).
- Copyright of all entries belongs to EC and submissions will not be returned. By entering the competition the entrants and the winner agree to participate in (and that their entries may be used in) such promotional activity and material as EC may reasonably require.
- The competition winners will be announced on the 1st September at the Dream Big Malta event.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by EC relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- EC reserves the right to change the judges, dates, locations or timings of the Competition at any time prior to the announcement of the winner.
- EC regrets that due to volume of entries, although best attempts to respond to all applications will be made, it may not be possible to respond to or acknowledge every entrant.
- Any entries containing plagiarised material, material which is subject to or protected by any relevant copyright laws in any jurisdiction, entries which are incomplete and any entries which in ECs reasonable opinion (or the reasonable opinion of the judges) is inappropriate, unsuitable, defamatory or discriminatory shall not be considered for the Dream Big Internship Competition.
- All internships are subject to the acceptance and agreement of the designated Centre Director (or other senior staff member) of the winners chosen EC school. This shall include any legal or regulatory requirements such Company may normally impose on prospective interns or employees.
- EC shall bear no liability in connection with the competition, any entries, statements or the decision of the judges.
- EC assumes no responsibility (whether financial or otherwise,) or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result any entry to the Competition or of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from its website in connection with the competition.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, EC does not exclude any liability expressly prohibited by law.
- EC respects the privacy of all entrants and confirms it will comply with all applicable laws in relation to data retention, processing and storage within Malta.
- Submission of an entry will include deemed acceptance of these Terms of Conditions.
- These terms and conditions and the Competition are subject to the laws of Malta.
The information contained in this message and any of its attachments is confidential and intended for a specific individual and purpose. All information is privileged and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachments immediately. Any form of unauthorised reproduction, publication, distribution, disclosure and/or modification of this message and/or its contents is strictly prohibited. EC cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from the knowledge and/or manipulation of this message by third parties or from the misdirection or re-distribution of this message. Furthermore, EC cannot guarantee that this message is secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.